Pointe Coupee Healthcare is completely dedicated to protecting our residents and staff, as well as keeping everyone informed of what is happening as this pandemic unfolds. We are following guidance issued by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Louisiana Department of Health (LDH).
- Our employees have been and are continuously trained on proper handwashing and infection control procedures. We are checking staff temperatures upon arrival to the facility and at the beginning of each shift and they are screened for symptoms upon entry to the facility. Any employee exhibiting symptoms is immediately sent home and encouraged to seek medical attention.
- We have contracted with a third party vendor to clean, sanitize and disinfect the facility, including resident rooms, in addition to the environmental disinfection work provided by our staff.
- We have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supply on hand and we continue to receive additional supplies as needed.
- We created wellness stations for the staff to receive vitamin therapy upon request.
- Group activities remain suspended.
- Facility remains locked to outside visitors until further notice.
- Our goal is to continue to enhance isolation measures. We have created designated areas within the facility to safely cohort residents who have tested positive for the virus and those that may have been exposed.
- Pointe Coupee Healthcare leadership and staff will continue to collaborate with the Physician/Medical Director to ensure that effective infection prevention measures are implemented and maintained. We remain up to date with CDC recommendations as they continue to change.
If a resident is infected with the virus, our obligation to care for that resident does not end. If an infected resident is in need of care beyond the level of care we are able to provide, we immediately transfer the resident to a provider who has the resources to provide the necessary care. In accordance with our regulatory obligations, any change in a resident’s condition related to COVID-19 is communicated to the appropriate resident representative or family member as well to state and federal agencies.
Symptomatic employees are self-quarantining at home, while others have recovered and have returned to work through the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
You can expect that our team, through guidance from governmental agencies and our Medical Directors continue focused work on infection prevention. Ensuring both residents and employees are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our first priority. Along with that, we continue our pledge to provide you with updated information as this situation evolves.
HOW TO STAY CONNECTED:
We understand how important it is to remain connected with each other. You can stay up to date by following the facility Facebook page, facility website and in the upcoming weeks we will be implementing an automated weekly call to all resident representatives and emails from time to time. Please ensure the facility has your most current contact information, such as phone number and email address.
We know that you want to stay connected with your loved one. The facility has purchased several tablets so that you have the opportunity to video chat with your loved one. Please contact the facility to schedule a video chat or to schedule an appointment for your loved one to come to the lobby window so that you can visit through the glass.
|Last Updated: January 22, 2021|
|Total positive COVID-19 resident cases “in house”||0|
|Total positive confirmed COVID-19 resident cases since the first identified case on 04/4/2020||80|
|Total positive COVID-19 employees||60|
|3 or more residents and/or staff with new onset of respiratory symptoms within 72 hrs. of each other||no|
We are doing everything we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We thank you for your continued support and prayers for the residents and staff.